City of Byram Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 720222
Byram, MS 39272
PHONE: (601) 372-7746 Ext. 3103
FAX: (601) 373-1961
SHIRLEY HENDERSON, HR OFFICER
The City of Byram is an equal opportunity employer. The Human Resource Department takes a leadership role and provides service in support of the City of Byram by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such. Establishing, administering, and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining employment and labor laws is what we strive to do.
The city is promoting and recruiting the best-qualified people and we recognize and encourage the value of diversity in the work place. We provide competitive salaries and offer a complete benefit package. The City is always glad to accept applications.
Download the GENERAL APPLICATION here.
BYRAM POLICE DEPARTMENT CLICK HERE to see a list of Police Department employment opportunities and to obtain an application.
***Department of Public Works is accepting applications for:
For each position, general applications will be accepted until further notice.
The range of benefits available to regular City employees include:
• Health Insurance, Dental, Vision– Employee coverage is 100% paid by the City of Byram.
• Retirement– 9% employee contribution, 15.75 % city contribution. Vested after 8 years of service, retirement after 30 years of service with no penalties.
• Life Insurance– Employee life insurance coverage (at no cost to employee) is twice the salary to all full time employees. Part-time employees may be eligible for a pro-rated coverage program.
• Holidays: 10 official holidays and other holidays that may be declared by the Governor throughout the year.
• Vacation Leave– Employees begin to accrue vacation leave after the sixth month of continuous service, beginning with 3.08 hours per pay period for the first five years. Vacation leave will increase by one day per year not to exceed four weeks of vacation per year.
• Sick Leave – All full-time employees will be entitled to 3.69 hours per pay period of sick leave. Sick leave may be accrued without limit.
OFFICIAL CITY HOLIDAYS – 2016
January 1 – New Year’s Day (Friday)
January 18 – MLK/Robert E. Lee (Monday)
February 15 – Presidents’ Day (Monday)
March 25 – Good Friday
May 30 – Memorial Day (Monday)
July 4 – Independence Day (Monday)
September 5 – Labor Day (Monday)
November 11 – Veterans Day (Friday)
November 24 – Thanksgiving (Thursday)
December 25 – Christmas (Day TBD)