City of Byram Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 720222
Byram, MS 39272
PHONE: (601) 372-7746 Ext. 103
FAX: (601) 373-1961
SHIRLEY HENDERSON, HR OFFICER
The City of Byram is an equal opportunity employer. The Human Resource Department takes a leadership role and provides service in support of the City of Byram by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such. Establishing, administering, and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining employment and labor laws is what we strive to do.
The city is promoting and recruiting the best-qualified people and we recognize and encourage the value of diversity in the work place. We provide competitive salaries and offer a complete benefit package. The City is always glad to accept applications.
Download the GENERAL APPLICATION for all positions except Police Department
JOB LISTINGS for CITY OF BYRAM
Police Department: CLICK HERE to see a list of Police Department employment opportunities and to obtain an application.
Announcement from the City of Byram Fire Chief
Byram Fire Department will be distributing recruit packets in anticipation of upcoming fire fighter positions beginning Wednesday, July 25 at 9:00 a.m. These packets can only be picked up at Central Fire Station located at 200 Byram Parkway. They cannot be downloaded off the city’s website or picked up at City Hall. These packets will be distributed Monday – Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am to 12:00 and 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. ONLY. The last day to pick up a recruit packet will be Wednesday, August 15. All applications must be completed and returned to Central Fire Station no later than 5:00 pm, August 22. Applications can only be returned Monday – Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am – 12:00 and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Any incomplete applications will not be considered.
The range of benefits available to regular City employees include:
• Health Insurance, Dental, Vision– Employee coverage is 100% paid by the City of Byram.
• Retirement– 9% employee contribution, 15.75 % city contribution. Vested after 8 years of service, retirement after 30 years of service with no penalties.
• Life Insurance– Employee life insurance coverage (at no cost to employee) is twice the salary to all full time employees. Part-time employees may be eligible for a pro-rated coverage program.
• Holidays: 10 official holidays and other holidays that may be declared by the Governor throughout the year.
• Vacation Leave– Employees begin to accrue vacation leave after the sixth month of continuous service, beginning with 3.08 hours per pay period for the first five years. Vacation leave will increase by one day per year not to exceed four weeks of vacation per year.
• Sick Leave – All full-time employees will be entitled to 3.69 hours per pay period of sick leave. Sick leave may be accrued without limit.
OFFICIAL CITY HOLIDAYS – 2018
January 1 – New Year’s Day (Sunday)
January 15 – MLK/Robert E. Lee (Monday)
February 19 – Presidents’ Day (Monday)
March 30 – Good Friday
May 28 – Memorial Day (Monday)
July 4 – Independence Day (Wednesday)
September 3 – Labor Day (Monday)
November 12 – Veterans Day (Sunday)
November 22 – Thanksgiving (Thursday)
December 25 – Christmas (Tuesday)