Municipal Court Contact Information
P.O. Box 720222
5901 Terry Road
Byram, MS 39272
Phone: (601) 500-7010
Fax: (601) 372-7748
Municipal Judges: Judge Dale Schwindaman and Judge Damon Stevenson
City Prosecutor: Attorney John Scanlon
COVID – 19 ANNOUNCEMENT:
DUE TO COVID-19, THE CITY OF BYRAM MUNICIPLE COURT OFFICE IS CONDUCTING IN PERSON BUSINESS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- ARE YOU HAVING COURT RIGHT NOW? No, we are not holding open court at this time. We have rescheduled court through the end of April at this time. However, more court dates may be rescheduled. COURT DATE NEW COURT DATE
4/8/2020 ANYTIME 05/13/2020 AT 8:30 AM
4/15/2020 ANYTIME 05/20/2020 AT 8:30 AM
4/16/2020 ANYTIME 05/21/2020 AT 8:30 AM
4/22/2020 ANYTIME 05/27/2020 AT 8:30 AM
- HOW CAN I PAY MY TICKET? To pay your ticket you can go to trafficpayment.com, online at City of Byram Website or call 800-444-1187 and pay by credit card. You will need either your ticket number and birthday or last name and birthday to look your ticket up. If it cannot be found, then call the Court Staff at (601) 500-7010.
- IF MY COURT DATE WAS RESCHEDULED CAN I STILL PAY? Yes, See the answer for question #2 on how.
- HOW CAN I TALK TO SOMEONE? To abide by the social distancing requirements, we are requesting you contact us during normal business hours which are 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM at 601-500-7010
The Administrative Office of the Court is located at 5901 Terry Road and is open for assistance and information on weekdays from 7:30am – 5:00pm, with the exception of holidays.
The Municipal Court of the City of Byram has jurisdiction over all traffic offenses and misdemeanor criminal violations of the Mississippi Code of 1972 Annotated, as well as building/residential code and violations from the City of Byram Code of Ordinances.The Municipal Court sits in session on the second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month except for recognized holidays. Mississippi law allows you to prepay certain traffic tickets in lieu of making a court appearance. However, there are several traffic and other misdemeanor violations that require a mandatory court appearance. We encourage you to contact the court for fine amounts and further information:
– Certified Check (for the correct amount)
– Check (for the correct amount) Mississippi Residents Only
– On line credit card payments (if you have questions regarding online payments please call: 800-444-1187)
If you choose to mail in your payment, please send to:
Byram Municipal Court, Post Office Box 720222, Byram, MS 39272